ATLAS provides an exclusive range of benefits and services to members, ensuring that they are uniquely placed to deliver the highest quality standards for their clients.
ATLAS membership helps to increase the profile of companies in the lightning protection and steeplejack industry, offering greater exposure to potential clients compared to non-member competitors. The ATLAS logo is a mark of quality, which gives clients the confidence that they will be working with a competent and reputable supply chain.
ATLAS is the recognised voice of the lightning protection and steeplejack industry and represents its views to Government, leading client organisations and other key stakeholders with the aim of improving the business environment and raising standards. It is a member organisation of Build UK, which is the leading representative organisation for the UK construction industry and contributes to the Access Industry Forum (AIF) to represent the views of the work at height industry.
ATLAS is at the forefront of the development of technical and performance standards with input into British, European and World standard committees. With its own committees dedicated to earthing, lightning protection and safety and access, ATLAS produces guidance specifically for members, providing them with access to technical information as soon as it becomes available. Members also have the opportunity to receive technical support on their own projects from our Committees’ Chairs.
Through our membership of Build UK, ATLAS members have access to free telephone helplines that provide expert support on employment, health and safety, legal and contractual, tax and business, and training issues.
All employees of ATLAS members in the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands have access to an Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured. The Programme’s helpline offers confidential advice on mental health, legal matters, substance abuse, debt and many more.
ATLAS works in partnership with a number of organisations to offer essential business products and services, often at preferential rates. The current discounts include:
- A discounted ATLAS subscription and a £500 rebate per year against any training activity, when you sign up to ATLAS Secure, a specialist commercial insurance solution. Find out more about what ATLAS Secure can offer your company in this short video
- 10% off weather instruments from Kestrel Weather Instruments
- 10% off all operated truck mounted platforms from Nationwide Platforms
- Free credit checks available from Build UK
- A 25% discount on calculating and submitting your tax return through Go Simple Tax
- A 30% discount on the Construction Health & Safety Manual and Construction Environmental Manual
- Up to 50% off British Standards from BSI.
- Access to BSI Online with a read only subscription to up to 50 British Standards useful to ATLAS members.
- Free First Aid, Mental Health First Aid and/or Social Media Strategy training courses.
ATLAS facilitates collaborative working across the industry and the rest of the supply chain to discuss key issues, improve services and promote lightning protection and steeplejacking. There are regular meetings and events for members, which offer excellent networking opportunities in an open and relaxed environment.
How to Apply
In order to join ATLAS, companies are required to demonstrate that they meet the ATLAS criteria for membership. Applications should be made by downloading the Membership Application Form submitted with the required supporting documentation and application fee. Applications will be considered by ATLAS Council whose decision will be final. Click here to view the ATLAS membership application process.
There are four categories of ATLAS membership:
- Contractor Member
- Affiliate Member*
- Associate Member
- Professional Advisor.
*Affiliate membership is only open to Contractor Member applicants that satisfy all the criteria other than the three-year minimum trading period in lightning protection or steeplejack work.